The general assembly of the DGKL/GLCA was held on October 6th, 2016, at the University of Duisburg-Essen, Campus Essen. Here are the most important results:
- Doris Schönefeld (Leipzig) was re-elected as president of the association.
- The next conference will take place at the University of Koblenz-Landau, Campus Koblenz, in 2018. It will be organized by Constanze Juchem-Grundmann, Susanne Niemeier, and Michael Pleyer.
- The former Secretary General of the association, Michael Pleyer (Koblenz-Landau), resigns from his position after four years. Stefan Hartmann (Hamburg) is elected as his successor.
- Further members of the newly-elected board are: Beate Hampe (Erfurt), Thomas Herbst (Erlangen-Nürnberg), Wolfgang Imo (Essen), Constanze Juchem-Grundmann (Koblenz-Landau), Susanne Niemeier (Koblenz-Landau), Hans-Jörg Schmid (München), and Peter Uhrig (Erlangen-Nürnberg). The board endorsed Anatol Stefanowitsch (Berlin) in his capacity as editor of the association’s Yearbook for another two years. Thus, he remains on the board as an ex-officio member.
- Irene Mittelberg (Aachen) and Alexander Ziem (Düsseldorf) have left the board after having served the maximum period of four consecutive years.
The board thanks its outgoing members Irene Mittelberg, Michael Pleyer, and Alexander Ziem for their service over the past four years. One key project of the new board will be to establish a mailing list for distributing relevant announcements (e.g. conferences, publications, job offers). The minutes of the general assembly (in German) will shortly be made available to the members.