The 5th Yearbook of the German Cognitive Linguistics Association has now been published. It has partly grown out of the 7th Conference of the DGKL / GCLA, which took place in 2016 at the University of Duisburg-Essen, Campus Essen. You can find the online version here.
Category Archives: Notices
GCLA Mailing List
The DGKL / GCLA has launched a mailing list, hosted by Linguist List. We invite you to use the mailing list for distributing relevant announcements (e.g. conferences, job ads, publications). Please note that it is a moderated list, i.e. each message has to be approved by a moderator. Your messages will therefore be delayed by a couple of hours.
If you are not yet a member of the DGKL / GCLA, you can subscribe to the list in the process of applying for membership (here). Membership in the DGKL / GCLA is currently free of charge. Note that if you already are a member, you can also use the membership form to update your information. Alternatively, you can subscribe to the list directly at Linguist List. Via this link, you can also unsubscribe from the list at any time.
General Assembly 2016
The general assembly of the DGKL/GLCA was held on October 6th, 2016, at the University of Duisburg-Essen, Campus Essen. Here are the most important results:
- Doris Schönefeld (Leipzig) was re-elected as president of the association.
- The next conference will take place at the University of Koblenz-Landau, Campus Koblenz, in 2018. It will be organized by Constanze Juchem-Grundmann, Susanne Niemeier, and Michael Pleyer.
- The former Secretary General of the association, Michael Pleyer (Koblenz-Landau), resigns from his position after four years. Stefan Hartmann (Hamburg) is elected as his successor.
- Further members of the newly-elected board are: Beate Hampe (Erfurt), Thomas Herbst (Erlangen-Nürnberg), Wolfgang Imo (Essen), Constanze Juchem-Grundmann (Koblenz-Landau), Susanne Niemeier (Koblenz-Landau), Hans-Jörg Schmid (München), and Peter Uhrig (Erlangen-Nürnberg). The board endorsed Anatol Stefanowitsch (Berlin) in his capacity as editor of the association’s Yearbook for another two years. Thus, he remains on the board as an ex-officio member.
- Irene Mittelberg (Aachen) and Alexander Ziem (Düsseldorf) have left the board after having served the maximum period of four consecutive years.
The board thanks its outgoing members Irene Mittelberg, Michael Pleyer, and Alexander Ziem for their service over the past four years. One key project of the new board will be to establish a mailing list for distributing relevant announcements (e.g. conferences, publications, job offers). The minutes of the general assembly (in German) will shortly be made available to the members.
General Assembly 2014
The GCLA held its general assembly for the years 2013/2014 yesterday; the minutes of the meeting will be published for our members (in German) shortly. Here are the most important results:
- Doris Schönefeld of the University of Leipzig is the new President of the GCLA.
- The next conference will be organized by Wolfgang Imo at the University of Duisburg-Essen (Essen campus), in 2016.
- Board members Constanze Juchem-Grundmann, Juliana Goschler and Anatol Stefanowitsch left the board since they were not eligible for re-election after having served two consecutive terms.
- Beate Hampe and Peter Uhrig were newly elected to the board, the other board members were confirmed in office for another term
- Anatol Stefanowitsch rejoined the board as advisory member ex officio in his function as editor in chief of the association’s yearbook.
- The yearbook and the regulations concerning its editorship and the advisory board were added to the GCLA’s statutes. The board is inviting suggestions for potential members of the advisory board.